Islam is a religion that preaches and advocates humanity. It envisions us to dwell in a peaceful milieu with an abundance of love and unity. It instructs us to be harmonious and maintain best relationship with our neighbours. ALLAH SWT directs the command in holy Quran,
“Worship ALLAH and associate nothing with HIM, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbour, the neighbour farther away, the companion at your side, the traveller, and those whom your right hand possess. Indeed, ALLAH does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful “ [An-Nisa 4: 36].
Narrated by ‘Aisha RA, that the Prophet PBUH said, “Gabriel continued to recommend me about treating the neighbours kindly and politely so much so that I thought he would order me to make them as my heirs”. (Bukhari)
Muslim unity has two fundamentals, one of which is to uphold the Holy Qur'an as the constitution of life, and the second of which is to accept our mutual responsibility towards each other as Muslims, for the Messenger of Allah (pbuh&hf) has said:
"Whoever does not care about the affairs of the Muslims is not one of them," and, "Whoever hears a man calling 'O Muslims!' and does not respond is not a Muslim."
Mission Statement :
Anne Arundel County Muslim Council (AACMC) is a nonprofit, volunteer, civic organization dedicated to promoting the interests and involvement of the Muslims of Anne Arundel County. It is committed to support, sponsor and participate in activities of common interest to the broader community of Anne Arundel County.
Achieve equal social,political and economic development opportunities and full participation for the Muslims of Anne Arundel County.
1. Increase Muslim volunteerism throughout Anne Arundel County.
2. Involve Muslims in the development of public policy.
3. Strengthen Muslim businesses and professionals in Anne Arundel County.
4. Educate Anne Arundel County School officials about the special background, holidays and needs of Muslims, in order to improve public school policies.
5. Develop leadership in Muslim students and young professionals through out Anne Arundel County.
6. Network with local govenment officials , electied officials and law enforcment agancies through continus envolvment to achive better life for all Marylanders.
7. Educate our youth for better connections and serving our country through proper education and achievements.